l-7 Ingegneria civile e ambientale
l-8 Ingegneria dell'informazione
l-9 Ingegneria industriale
l-16 Scienze dell'amministrazione e dell'organizzazione
l-18 Scienze dell'economia e della gestione aziendale
l-20 Scienze della comunicazione
l-30 Scienze e tecnologie fisiche
l-31 Scienze e tecnologie informatiche
l-32 Scienze e tecnologie per l'ambiente e la natura
l-33 Scienze economiche
l-35 Scienze matematiche
l-36 Scienze politiche e delle relazioni internazionali
l-37 Scienze sociali per la cooperazione, lo sviluppo e la pace
and students with a degree awarded in Italy (ex dm 509/99) in the equivalent classes to those listed above.
A verification of the minimum access requirements is foreseen in the measure of:
● 12 CFUs in the area of computer science and mathematics, disciplinary sectors: MAT-01 - MAT-09, INF-01, ING-INF/05
● 12 CFUs in the area of economic and statistical sciences, subject areas: SECS-S/01, SECS-P/05, SECS-P/01, SECS-P/02, SECS-P/07, SECS-P/08
In particular, the preparation required for the computer and mathematics area includes: general mathematics, linear algebra, programming and basic computer science; for the economic-statistical area: inferential statistics, basic econometrics, basic microeconomics, basic macroeconomics and elements of business sciences.
The possession of linguistic skills at least at B2 level in the English language is a requirement for access. The language skills of the required level must be proven by presenting one of the proven international validity certificates of level B2 or the result of any B2 level test passed during the past academic carrier.
The profile of students regarding the knowledge required for access, motivations and individual preparation will be assessed on the basis of the evaluation of the curricula and through a selection interview conducted in English and exclusively by electronic means. This verification will be carried out by a specific "Selection Commission" of teachers appointed by the Faculty Board.
The selection committee reserves the right to admit on the basis of the results of the interview only the students who do not fully verify one or more of the minimum access requirements due to discrepancies in the system of credits or academic qualifications or other objective reasons identified by the analysis of the material attached to the application form.
Students with a foreign qualification are also required to ascertain the basic requirements equivalent to the minimum requirements for students with an Italian qualification.
The master's degree program also reserves the right to evaluate the possible inclusion of a programmed number, determined from year to year by the competent academic bodies, after evaluation of the structural, instrumental and personnel resources available for the functioning of the same.
Application period: from 03-10-2020 to 06-30-2020
Enrolment period: from 06-17-2020 to 09-30-2020
The application must be submitted online, through the proper “Admission” (see at the bottom of this page). Before that, you have to login into the system, by following the instructions provided at this page.
- Fill out the application form;
- Submit the documents demanded:
- Standard documentation: (i) degree certificate and (ii) transcripts attesting exams taken, grades and credits (ECTS/CFU) in English or Italian;
- Passport/ID card;
- A short CV;
- English language certification (IELTS, TOEFL, University exams);
- Pay the application fee. The payment form is available at the end of the application procedure. Online payments via credit cards are allowed.
Please note: incomplete or multiple submissions will not be considered.
Curriculum Vitae has to be submitted in the prescribed format below (formats: PDF, Word, OpenOffice)
- The members of the Admission Board verify if the candidate meets the entry requirements;
- Verified the entry requirements, the Admission Board will assess the qualifications and will decide whether to admit or reject or ask the candidate for an interview (via Skype or other electronic means);
- The candidate will receive the letter of admission/rejection, through the students’ application portal .
- In case of admission, the applicant will be able to proceed with enrolment and pay the annual fees. As soon as the procedure opens, we kinldy suggest proceeding with the enrollment
Some applicants may be requested an interview (via Skype or Teams). The interview aims at ascertaining the applicants’ personal knowledge, competences, and skills in the core areas of the DSE programme.
For an idea of the appropriate level of knowledge, competences, and skills, candidates may consider the arguments listed in the PDF file.
In order to review the required skills and competences, candidates can consider the following books, or other on-line resources.
Knut Sydsæter, Peter Hammond, Arne Strøm, Andrés Carvajal - Essential Mathematics for Economic Analysis - Pearson (5th edition) 2016, Chap: 1-9 (Calculus I), 15-16 (Vector and Matrices).
Varian H. (2009) Intermediate Microeconomics. A Modern Approach, 8th edition, Norton, New York, N.Y. Chapters: 1-6; 10; 12; 14-16; 18-28.
Blanchard O. (2010) Macroeconomics, 5th edition, Pearson Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, N.J., 2010.
Statistics and Econometrics
Trosset M.W. (2009) An introduction to statistical inference and its applications with R, CRC Press. Chapters: 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14.
One of the following two options:
- Stock J., Watson M. (2010) Introduction to Econometrics, Part I-III, 3rd Edition, Addison-Wesley, Pearson
- R. Carter Hill, William E. Griffiths, Guay C. Lim., Principles of econometrics, 4th ed., Wiley, 2011
J. Farrell. Programming Logic and Design, Comprehensive (8th ed.). Delmar Learning, 2014. Chapters: 1-6.
T.H. Cormen, C.E. Leiserson, R.L. Rivest. Introduction to Algorithms. 3rd Edition, MIT Press, 2009. Parts I-III and VI.
P. Atzeni, S. Ceri, S. Paraboschi, R. Torlone. Database Systems – Concepts, Languages and Architectures. Mc-Graw Hill, available on-line at http://dbbook.dia.uniroma3.it/. Chapters: 1, 2, 4 (only 4.1 and 4.2).
One of the following two options:
- D.E. Comer. Internetworking with TCP/IP. Volume One, 6th edition. Pearson College Div, 2013. Chapters: 1 (1.1-1.5), 3, 4 (4.1-4.3, 4.7), 5 (IPv4 only), 10 (10.1-10.4), 11 (11.1-11.4), 20, 22, 23 (only the role of DHCP and DNS), 25
- Network Fundamentals http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_NetworkingFundamentals.htm
- The Open System Interconnection (OSI) Reference Model http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_TheOpenSystemInterconnectionOSIReferenceModel.htm
- TCP/IP Protocol Suite and Architecture http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_TCPIPInternetArchitectureandProtocolSuite.htm
- IP addressing http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_IPAddressing.htm
- UDP e TCP (introductory part) http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_TCPIPTransportLayerProtocolsTransmissionControlPro.htm
- HTTP http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_TCPIPHypertextTransferProtocolHTTP.htm
Students who decide to study in Italy often find themselves thrown into a system and a culture which are very different from those of their own countries; they must also deal with unfamiliar and, at times, complex bureaucratic procedures.
At our University they can now count on the Welcome Desk a service designed for students, doctoral students and interns who have come to Milan for the first time, but also to those who already live in the city and need to verify the validity of academic qualifications obtained abroad in order to enrol on one of our courses.
The Welcome Desk is aimed to be the international students’ point of reference for all the initial necessities of their new adventure in Milan and at the University.
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come:
Admission, ranking and enrolment